New Patient Center
Welcome to the Toftness Chiropractic Clinic’s new patient center!
We understand that arriving at a doctors office for the first time can be nerve racking. Filling out paperwork,worrying about the your pain and meeting new Doctors of Chiropractic can be an overwhelming experience.
That’s why our aim at Toftness Chiropractic Clinic is to make the process as easy as possible. You can continue to read below to find out everything you need to know for the first visit.
– Our patient intake form is online so it can be completed in your own home before your first visit.
– The following document will need to be printed and filled out with the required information.
– Bring it with you to your first appointment.
Your First Visit Explained
1. To inform the Chiropractor of your symptoms before he meets you. You will be asked to fill out a form that includes information such as where the pain is, how the pain started, how long ago, if it radiates and what is the quantity/quality of the pain
2. You will then meet with your chiropractor. They will go through this form with you and ask you more detailed questions about your history which could include past surgeries, medications, family history and any other symptoms your currently having.
The Chiropractic Exam
3. After gathering all the information the chiropractor thinks he needs he will begin the exam. This will include tests such as vitals, orthopedic exams, neurologic exams, muscle testing, reflexes and range of motion. The chiropractor will also palpate your spine and observe your posture and gait.
4. Based upon the results in the history and exam the Doctor of Chiropractic may suggests additional diagnostic exams such as x-rays, MRI or lab testing. These exams are not always necessary and will be determined on a case by case basis.
Review of Findings
5. All the information that has been collected from the history, exam and any additional studies will lead to a diagnosis. The Chiropractor will then explain this diagnosis to you and explain what they can do to help with your diagnosis. They will also put you on a care plan that places you on the best path to recovery. There may or may not be an adjustment on your first visit.
Toftness Chiropractic Clinic accepts payment in the form of cash, check, and credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover). You may pay via credit card in person or by calling us
Most insurance plans are accepted at our clinic. We also accept Medicare, Medicaid, workers compensation and personal injury cases that have resulted in back pain, neck pain, headaches, or other related pain conditions. Please call us to find out if your plan covers care in our office. Before you start a chiropractic care plan, our staff would be happy to verify your benefits and explain them to you.